Cap-Net is an international network for capacity development in sustainable water management. It is made up of a partnership of autonomous international, regional and national institutions and networks committed to capacity development in the water sector.
Starting from year 2018, Cap-Net UNDP will have a virtual secretariat with personnel becoming home based as cost cutting measure and also to adapt the network for better agility. The changes to the secretariat personnel/location are as follow:
- Director, Dr. Themba Gumbo will be home-based at Pretoria, South Africa;
- The Capacity Development Analysts, Dr. Indika Gunawardana and Ms. Yasmina Rais El Fenni will home-based in Colombo, Sri Lanka and Bangkok, Thailand respectively;
- Programme Associate (administration), Ms. Sonia Luz will be home-based in Lisbon, Portugal;
- Virtual Campus Coordinator, Mr. Damian Indij will continue to be based in Buenos Aires, Argentina; and
- Temporary IT and Web Assistant, Dr. Hong Chern Wern will continue to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.