(Central American Network of Educational Institutions)
Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Belize.
- To mobilize regional and national capacity through different cooperation mechanisms
- To promote the development and application of the engineering disciplines In the solution of the social and economical problems of the region
- To joint efforts for the imoprovement of the education, research, extension and service delivery in the engineering fields
- To improve regional cooperation and bi-lateral among network members and other regional and local organisations
- Development a carrier certification program among member universities
- Curricula development to include climate change variables
- Regional program for water resources management improvement.
This will be achieved by:
- Strengthen member institutions
- Regional expertise mapping
- Virtual institute for information and research results exchange
- Strengthening information management and networking activities
- Improve the use of high technology, models and software for risk and vulnerability management
- Improve tools for education and training. Training materials preparation and specialized libraries creation
- Research by member institutions and support to applied thesis
- Creation of links and partnerships with international organisations supporting specific projects.
annual planning meeting 2007 (Click to download)
annual report 2007 (Click to download)