Collaborative Knowledge Network -INDONESIA
The Collaborative Knowledge Network of Indonesia (CKNet) was established in 2005 by 10 Indonesian Universities, the founding members, with missions to:
- Provide a platform for communication, collaboration and science
- Provide services in the area of infrastructure, water and environment, and
- Develop appropriate knowledge in infrastructure, water & environmental management.
CKNet provides an opportunity for the network partners and members to learn and to acquire experiences in collaborative networking and how to further develop and maintain their network in a sustainable way. The type of services to be developed and offered by the network partners to the sector include training (and in the future e-learning), research, integrated consultancy and access to a virtual knowledge centre.
CKNet vision 2025 is “To become the National Think Tank in the field of Infrastructure, Water and Environmental Management in 2025” through engagement of national decision makers.
CKNet operates in Indonesia. However, it actively participates in other Capacity Network activities in the South-East Asian Region and in other regions in the World.
Andalas University, University of Indonesia, University of Bina Nusantara, Bandung Institute Technology, Parahyangan Catholic University, Diponegoro University, Gajah Mada University, Merdeka Malang University, Institute of Technology Sepuluh Nopember, University Hasanuddin
Overall Objectives :
At National level : To improve Indonesia’s Sector performance in the field of Water Resources and Irrigation Management.
At Project level : To increase the capacity of leading Indonesian universities in delivering capacity building services to strengthen professionals to perform in the future reformed Water Resources and Irrigation Management Sector.
Specific Objectives :
At Operational level :
- To support the development of the CKNet-INA Knowledge Network and Knowledge Base, especially in the field of WRIM, in addressing the human Resources and institutional capacity building needs at national, regional and Local levels.
- To develop and strengthen a decentralised Capacity Builder’s Training Capacity and Delivey System in WRIM (incl. Water Quality Management = WQM) including an E-Learning system for Online Education and Training purposes.
- To develop and deliver demand oriented WRIM Courses Programmes and Related modules, incl. WQM and gender participation, by academic staff of the participating knowledge centres for external target groups.
Member Countries of CKNet-INA
Centre inti Building 2nd Floor Jln Taman Kemang no 32 A
+6221 71 793312
+6221 718 3001