The Malaysian Water Partnership (MyWP) is a legally-registered society in Malaysia and was formed in 1997 arising from the recommendations made in a workshop on National Consultation on Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM), which was held in Kuala Lumpur on November 29, 1997. It is a non-governmental organization (NGO), and its mission is to support Malaysia in implementing IWRM. The MyWP Capacity Building Network-MyCBNet for IWRM is a network of MyWP members who are interested in capacity building in IWRM, either as trainers or recipients of the training. Thus, the MyCBNet is responsible for promoting and implementing the IWRM capacity building objectives of MyWP, which is objective No. 4 below.
The formation of MyCBNet also facilitates the effective participation of its members in the regional IWRM capacity building networks, such as AguaJaring (SEA), and also those organized under the auspices of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) CapNet Program. It also facilitates its members to gain access to training materials and resources, including potential partnership with UNDP CapNet to implement capacity building activities, both locally and regionally.
1. To provide strategic advice to the Government and relevant stakeholders on water and water-related matters with particular emphasis on the adoption of Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) principles and practices.
2. To promote greater awareness in IWRM among all stakeholders including the public, water users and potential polluters.
3. To foster interaction among its members by promoting cross-sectoral and multi-stakeholder dialogues at local, river basin, state and national levels to meet critical needs.
4. Facilitate and promote capacity building, training and educational programmes and activities in IWRM.
5. Publish and disseminate IWRM related information among its members and to relevant stakeholders and the public through periodic journals, newsletters and other appropriate media.
6. Facilitate exchange of expertise for the advancement of IWRM related technologies and management skills.
Member Countries of MyCBNet
LIM, Chow Hock
Host Institute: c/o Division of River Basin & Coastal Zone Management Department of Irrigation and Drainage Malaysia
Address: Jalan Sultan Salahuddin
Postal code: 50626
City: Kuala Lumpur