A review of Cap-Net UNDP organisational developments took place with the aim to ensure operational sustainability of Cap-Net as well as increasing existing budget to support partner networks and related capacity development activities.
As such, starting this year 2018, Cap-Net UNDP will have a virtual secretariat with personnel becoming home based as cost cutting measure and also to adapt the network for better agility. The changes to the secretariat personnel/location are as follow:
- Director, Dr. Themba Gumbo will be home-based at Pretoria, South Africa;
- The Capacity Development Analysts, Dr. Indika Gunawardana and Ms. Yasmina Rais El Fenni will home-based in Colombo, Sri Lanka and Bangkok, Thailand respectively;
- Programme Associate (administration), Ms. Sonia Luz will be home-based in Lisbon, Portugal;
- Virtual Campus Coordinator, Mr. Damian Indij will continue to be based in Buenos Aires, Argentina; and
- Temporary IT and Web Assistant, Dr. Hong Chern Wern will continue to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.