This training manual aims to build the capacity of water managers in particular, but also that of trainers, academics, government officials in relevant sectors, and representatives of non-governmental and administrative bodies that have a stake in development planning and can influence policy. The training course based on this material aims to enable participants to:
- identify different actors and drivers of water pollution;
- understand relationships among water pollution, ecosystem health and human well-being;
- examine existing policies and the legislative and institutional structures related to water pollution prevention and quality management;
- apply water quality guidelines and standards; and
- facilitate strategic planning and financing for water pollution prevention and quality management.